Excursion tips Discover Opatija and the surroundings
- The Franz Joseph Promenade, also known as Lunogmare - a 10 km walking seafront promenade along the coast of Kvarner Bay – take Lungomare map with you to discover al the sights of Opatija.
- The Carmen Sylva promenade in Opatija - a forest promenade with fantastic views of the Riviera and Kvarner Bay from green oasis above the town
- Visit the small town of Veprinac high above Opatija and it`s churc - from here you can also see the Miramar
- The highest point on Učka, Vojak rises to just over 1,400m above sea level - the last 500 meters are ideal for hiking. Once at the top you have a distant view all the way to Venice!
- Kastav and its forest hiking trails - Snail, Rabbit and Deer trail ... something for everyone
- Rijeka - The cultural capital 2020 and the capital of the region
- Trsat - the Marian pilgrimage that even Pope John Paul II visited
- The island of Krk - the island with a mainland connection can be easily reached over the bridge
- Brseč marks the geographical beginning of the Kvarner region 20 km south of Opatija and is located on a cliff
- Moščenice can be hiked over 700 steps from the seaside resort of Moscenicka Draga
- Senj and the Nehaj Castle
- Gorski Kotar, the mountainous hinterland of the coast beautiful for hiking or cycling